31.8.11

Waving Flag


I heard once that it's not a good idea to use country flags for a language chooser, if anyone has a good idea about why, with some conclusive evidence/links that support it, I would appreciate some feedback. I've heard that some loyalists don't appreciate the order of flags, or the fact that the country flag they associate with appears beside a flag of lesser status. OK whatever. Give me the scoop if you know it.

At the risk of offending, I created a class that you can use to make a Spark Image Component "wave in the wind". I've only tested it with small (16x16) flag images, so you might need to experiment with the DisplacementMapFilter and perlinNoise function to get the effect you're looking for.

Here is a sample:
http://95008.shanimal.com/flag.html

Happy coding!

The Wave Class


The MXML Application


No comments: